Thursday, August 7, 2008
35 1/2 Weeks: Doctor's Appointment
I had a doctor's appointment today. They checked my cervix for the first time, and I am dilated to 2 and 50% effaced. My blood pressure is still high (above 140/90); so my doctor has decided to induce labor at 37 weeks. The date set right now is August 19th. I have 2 appointments next week, with ultrasounds, to keep an eye on the baby's weight. He was 5 lbs 3 oz today, which is small for his gestational age. He's in the 16th percentile. My doctor said it may be that he is going to be a small baby since I am small, but she wants to make sure he keeps growing steadily. Sometimes, in cases with high blood pressure, the baby doesn't get what he/she needs from the placenta. As long as he keeps growing, we're okay. He's going to be here before we know it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yaay for August 19th babies! (I was an August 18th one.)
Come on out, Maddox. May as well get used to summer heat at its worse.
Post a Comment