Friday, April 2, 2010

No Joke on April's Fools Day

Maddox got his first splinter yesterday (April 1st). The picture below is actually after we were able to remove some of it. It was pretty long, but luckily not that deep. I think it was pretty sore too, because Maddox did not want anyone to touch it; although he wanted to show you his "owie"

After we tried to work on it for awhile last night, Mommy decided this was not a task to be handled by a newer parent with no help! So, we decided to sleep on it and let Mamaw and Papaw help in the morning. It actually probably wasn't the best idea in the long run, because today it was pretty red and seemed even more tender. I learned it's better to just buckle down and get it out quickly in the beginning! He was obviously happy that I gave up!! (He is saying "cheeese" for the camera)This picture is him showing his band-aid to the camera. Papaw was able to successfully remove the last part of the spliter that I was not able to get out. Maddox was really upset and cried pretty hard while we were working on it, but he immediately stopped crying when we were finished; so I think it may have been more the "holding him down" part than the actual splinter removal that he didn't like.
We gave him some Easter skittles as a treat for being such a trooper! He's all better now and walking normally on that foot again (he was tip toe-ing around this morning)

Glad that's over!!

No comments: