Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kinley Elizabeth: 4 Months Old

*I'm not sure how much you weigh. Your 4 month checkup isn't until next Tuesday, but I expect you are around 12 lbs. We shall see!!

*You are becoming so alert. You are all smiles and love to see people you know - like Mamaw, Papaw, Mimi, Poppy, Daddy, Maddox, and of course, your favorite..Mommy!

*You are starting to sit up really well in your boppy. Every night this week I have put you in the boppy while Daddy and I make dinner. It works well. You like to watch us move about the kitchen.

*You are also lifting your upper body up and holding your head up while on your tummy! Good practice for crawling.

*You are starting to like toys. You grab things and pull them to your mouth. You like to watch bright lights. You stare at the yellow caution label on your carseat.

*Car rides usually put you to sleep. You like to be rocked or bounced when going to sleep. You sleep well in your crib.

*You started cereal this month. You like it well enough. You still wake up for 1 night feeding around 3am. Mommy and Daddy are very ready for you to stop doing that!

*You wearing 0-3 month clothes mostly, but many 3-6 month outfits fit you. You're getting chunky. I love it!!

*You coo and do this weird noise with your tongue (almost like a raspberry), talking away to people. I think you're going to be a talkative thing when you start learning words! I bet you'll be an early talker. Let's see if I'm right!! :)

*The sound of Daddy's voice stops your crying pretty immediately. You love him.

It's crazy how much you're growing and changing every day! It's amazing to see how much you take in the world around you. You're such a pretty little girl, and I can't wait to see you blossom and learn more and more.

No comments: