Thursday, October 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy (Donald's 31st Birthday Adventure)

For Don's 31st birthday, we went to St. Louis - just the two of us - for a weekend getaway. We arrived Friday in time for dinner and decided to enjoy the hotel restaurant, Red Kitchen and Bar, at the Hyatt Regency by the Arch in downtown St. Louis. Afterward, we made our way to the Lemp Brewery and took our chances in their haunted house. It was one of the best I've ever been to - as far as Hollywood quality. Saturday, we woke up and had a nice quick breakfast at the largest Starbucks I've ever been in my entire life! I had a pumpkin scone, which was awesome. Then, we went to Six Flags where we were able to ride everything we wanted to ride (and many times twice in a row) within 3 hours. There were hardly any crowds and the weather was perfect. Next, we took a quick nap before heading to Bailey's Chocolate Bar. I had a white chocolate and raspberry martini - also yum. Don had "the Mexican" which was crazy. Later that night, we got to hear one of my favorite bands, Simon, and see an old pal, Lee Johnsey. We also got to hang out with some of the coolest people with A Bit Shifty. Sunday, we had lunch at Cheesecake Factory and began our drive home. It was a weekend full of fun and adventure and some good quality time with my husband!! Happy Birthday, babe!!

No comments: