Saturday, July 3, 2010

Kinley - 1 Month


Kinley,

At your last checkup (almost 3 weeks old), you weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces, and you were 21 inches long! I imagine you are somewhere between 7 1/2 - 8 pounds now.

You have become really alert in the past week, and we love it when you look at us with your big eyes! You make some of the cutest and funniest noises.

You eat about every 3 hours. Sometimes you'll go 4 hours during the night, if Mommy is lucky! You always fall asleep when I am feeding you. I try undressing you and tickling your feet to keep you awake.

You love to stretch, and when you do, you arch your back like you're trying to do a back bend.

You LOVE when your daddy holds you. You can tell you adore him already and he adores you.

You hate to be cold. You also do not like baths right now, which is probably related. I have tried lately putting a heater in the bathroom for a few minutes before bath time, which has seemed to help.

You have already been out to eat several times (that I can remember)...to IHOP, On the Border, Guido's, Olive Garden, Pho's Vietnam II, McAlisters, Chick-fil-a, Thai Bistro, Hunan's... you're a pro.

I never thought I could love somebody so much as I love my children. You and Maddox are such a blessing, and I thank God every day that He is allowing me to be your mommy. You are growing and changing so much every day, and I am looking forward to watching you learn and experience new things.

Lots of love,
Mommy

No comments: